Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oh Yes, God is Faithful

Thomas Chisholm wrote “Great is Thy Faithfulness” as a testimonial song about his life. Thomas was born in a log cabin in Franklin, Kentucky. He became a Christian when he was 27 years old and at age 36 he entered the gospel ministry. Unfortunately, poor health forced him to retire from ministry after just 1 year. Throughout the rest of his life he worked as an insurance agent and wrote nearly 1,200 poems, including several hymns.

Chisholm explained near the end of his life, “My income has not been large at any time due to impaired health in the early years which has followed me on until now. Although I must not fail to record here the unfailing faithfulness of a covenant-keeping God and that He has given me many wonderful displays of His providing care, for which I am filled with astonishing gratefulness.”

Maybe you are a little like me. Life has thrown you some ups and downs; you’ve been knocked down a few times but you still found a way to recover and climb to newer and higher heights. Maybe you’ve truly seen some struggles that I haven’t yet seen, but one thing we do have in common is that God has been faithful to each of us. His consistent support and steady hands have guided our lives.

I pray my children learn of God’s faithfulness as they hear me tell them stories from my life. I pray they remember the song from their mother’s lips (and heart) as she sang over them this song of God’s faithfulness as she put them to bed as small children. I pray the LORD finds us faithful here at Shadycrest to follow Jesus, accomplish His will, surrender our wills, and serve Him with a passion for faithfulness.


Every new day is the opportunity to prove God’s faithfulness. His mercies are new every morning…for HE is faithful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment